- What kind of data is needed by L’Express des îles ?
- Why does L’Express des îles collect personal data ?
- How does L’Express des îles collect personal data ?
- Vos préférences
- Under what circumstances may L’Express des îles disclose your personal data ? L’Express des îles abstains from communicating your personal data without your consent to third parties other than companies within L’Express des îles group, with the exception of the following cases:
- Access to your personal data
- Links to other sites
This privacy statement is applicable to data collected by L’Express des îles. The guidelines outlined below have been written to help you understand how we use the data you provide us with.
What kind of data is needed by L’Express des îles ?
In general, Internet users may browse the website of L’Express des îles without having to provide any personal data. However, to better sell our products and / or provide you with certain services, you may be asked to provide the minimum necessary data required in corresponding input fields and certain other pages of the site.
Why does L’Express des îles collect personal data ?
Personal data refers to any data concerning a person allowing him/her to be identified: this may be your name, age, phone number, address or email address (‘Personal Data’). L 'Express des îles collects, retains and uses your personal data to:
- fulfill its obligations in any contracts of sale and purchase or other contracts between you and L’Express des îles
- provide better customer care, including services related to the activities of L’Express des îles
- get your opinion on the products and services of L’Express des îles and to gauge public opinion through product surveys
- facilitate and process your searches and requests for information regarding L’Express des îles and its products and services
- provide you with the latest information about our products and services, including special offers which may be of interest to you
- improve the products and services offered by L’Express des îles to the public
- organize prize draws, contests and other promotional offers
How does L’Express des îles collect personal data ?
L'Express des îles collects personal data in any number of ways. We may for example ask for your contact details when you write to L’Express des îles, or call L’Express des îles to make a purchase or request a service, or when you register to participate in an online survey or for one of our promotional offers.
The personal data we collect may be stored in different databases. L’Express des îles does everything in its power to take into account the various preferences you may have expressed over time so that your data is treated in a coherent fashion. If for some reason you receive incorrect data, the customer service of L’Express des îles may contact you to rectify the situation.
Under what circumstances may L’Express des îles disclose your personal data ? L’Express des îles abstains from communicating your personal data without your consent to third parties other than companies within L’Express des îles group, with the exception of the following cases:
personal data may be disclosed to third-party subcontractors in order to allow them to perform the contract you have agreed upon with L’Express des îles and for which the latter uses other companies to perform functions on its behalf. These functions may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and customer service. These third-party companies will have access to the personal data required to carry out such tasks. However, they are not permitted to use said data for other purposes, and are required to process the data in accordance with the legislation in force. Personal data may also be disclosed to third parties in order to comply with any legal obligations to which L’Express des îles is subject. If Personal Data is disclosed to third parties to enable them to provide services to L’Express des îles, on behalf of L’Express des îles or as directed by L’Express des îles, the latter shall take the necessary measures to ensure that the third party respects its policy relating to the protection of privacy and that such beneficiaries :
- do not use personal data for purposes other than those agreed
- obtain and process personal data only on condition that they protect said personal data against misuse, and adopt and respect similarly stringent policies and conditions on personal data protection and use
- strictly adhere to the legislation in force. Anonymous or generic data (including ‘generic’ statistics) from which a person cannot be identified are excluded from use, processing, disclosure, transmission and other personal data use restrictions.
Access to your personal data
In accordance with the French Data Protection Law of 6 January 1978 with regard to civil liberties and the storage and retrieval of personal data, the user is entitled to have access to, rectify, modify and delete personal data. You also have the right to refuse that your data be exploited. If you want to view, correct, modify or update your personal data stored in the database of L’Express des îles, you can contact L’Express des îles at the address indicated in the Information section of our website, or by email, fax, phone or post. For privacy protection reasons, you will be asked to provide proof of your identity. If you wish to stop receiving emails on our behalf, follow the link ‘Unsubscribe’ and / or the instructions (usually) found at the bottom of our emails. If you use more than one email address for your purchases or to contact L’Express des îles, you should unsubscribe for each email account used.
Links to other sites
The website of L’Express des îles may contain links to other websites which are not operated by L’Express des îles. L’Express des îles does not share your personal data with these websites. Although L’Express des îles does its utmost to link you to sites that share the same high standards applied by L’Express des îles and which respect user privacy, we cannot be held responsible for the practices applied by other sites in terms of content, security or privacy, and we expressly reject any liability arising from the use of such other sites or content.Top of page